Using Dropbox to Send Large Files
From time to time, you may need to send xmanonline customer support a large file, such as a Control Panel backup file. Emailing files over 10 MB can be problematic, so we recommend using Dropbox instead. Dropbox is a free, easy-to-use program that allows you to share files. Here’s how:
- Download the Dropbox application by going to Dropbox.com and follow the installation instructions. (It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad and smartphones.)
- Once installed, you should see a Dropbox folder on your Desktop. Double-click on the Dropbox folder to open it.
- Create a new folder inside your Dropbox folder, called “Files for Xmanonline“.
- Drag and drop the file(s) you wish to send to xmanonline into this new folder.
- Right-click on the Files for Xmanonline folder and select Dropbox > Share This Folder… This will take you to the sharing page on the Dropbox website.
- Enter the email address: [email protected] , add a note if you wish, and click Share Folder.
- You’re done. Xmanonline will receive an email and they will be able to download any files you have placed in that folder.